Thursday, February 14, 2008

Huckabee: God Would Want Me to Waste Money

Mike Huckabee told supporters today that he vowed to hang on and keep “spending campaign money on my own vanity, because that’s what Jesus would do in my situation.”

“I’m sitting on millions of dollars of campaign contributions, and I think the best way to use that money is to spend it publicizing myself,” Huckabee told five reporters who had missed their flight to cover valid candidates. “I could probably use the money to help the needy, or return it to donors who could use it during these difficult economic times, but I think ultimately it’ll be better used making sure people recognize my name during what will be my ill-fated campaign in 2012.”

The former Arkansas governor dismissed the notion that he would concede. “I’m not from a quitter religion like some people. I’m in this for the long haul, no matter how much of a fool or a jackass it makes me look like.”

No comments: