Thursday, January 10, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

One of my favorite ESPN.com columnists is Jonah Keri. But he's been MIA for a while over there, and his picture had disappeared. So I went looking for him, and turns out he's over at Deadspin.com. I'd noticed on ESPN that he hadn't written anything in a while, and what little appeared in December was now "Special to ESPN.com" instead of "By staff writer Jonah Keri."

Now, Deadspin is on my links. But since he's writing about college basketball, I didn't notice. Yes, not only am I lazy I despise college sports. So sue me.

But what happened to Keri? Did he get fired? Was there a fight at the ESPN Thanksgiving party and he ended up breaking a beer bottle over Bill Simmons' head? Did he punch Dieter (or whatever the Sprockets guy's name is) in the face?

And more importantly: other than TMQ, is there really any reason to read ESPN. com any more?

No comments: