Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Word from our New SCHIP Spokesman

Hello, my name is Richard, and I want to talk to you about the need to extend the SCHIP program to all the children out there that need it. My parents work really hard, and they’re always there for me, but money just doesn’t go as far as it used to. After we pay the mortgage, food, gas, clothing, the butler, and all the other little necessities, there’s just not enough for health insurance. And there are millions and millions of kids out there, just like me, who are in the same situation.

I want to talk to you about my older brother, Casper. A few years ago he got really sick, and even though mom and dad tried to get government assistance, it’s been cut so badly that they were turned away. For several years Casper got sicker and sicker, and he finally died because we couldn’t afford the high cost of prescription drugs because of the price-gouging of the drug companies, much less the gas to drive back and forth to the doctor’s office.

There are a lot of Caspers out there, living in nice little houses in the suburbs where mom and dad are feeling the subprime mortgage crunch and can’t scrape up enough to get health insurance.

That’s why the Democrats have created SCHIP program, to save all the other Caspers out there. At least, it would save them if President Bush hadn’t vetoed it to divert funds for an illegal war. If I could talk to Bush, I would ask him “Why do you hate Iraqi children more than you love American children?”

Good night, and God bless us, every one.