Monday, August 18, 2008

I am the world's foremost Bigfoot authority

Let's get one thing straight: they're extinct.

I got a letter from Amanda Beals at MainStreet.com, where Jim Cramer desperately needs an editor. She wanted me to link to a piece about how much a makeover for Bigfoot would cost, which I'm not going to do because they clearly left out the services of a taxidermist, which of course you'd need to properly prepare a Bigfoot for display.

Because, and I repeat myself here, they're extinct.

A quick search reveals that the prolific Ms. Beals somewhat papers blogs trying to drum up links, which sent me from "feeling special" to "feeling cheated upon" within a two-nanosecond interval. I have no idea why this should be, since all she's doing is what every responsible blog owner does: try to publicize their product.

Well, except me. I just spam by cross-posting everything to those foolish enough to sign me up as a coblogger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm still trying to figure out if "Sasquatch" is Bigfoot's name, or if that's the name of his species

Plebian said...

Not many people know this, but the term "Sasquatch" actually comes from an Indian word to describe the sound of pulling your moccasin out of steaming pile of Bigfoot droppings.

Bigfoot scientists properly use the word to describe the spoor of the beast, while amateurs reveal their ignorance by referring to it as the name of the monster.