Friday, May 25, 2007

In Defense of Rosie

Okay, I’ve had my fun mocking Rosie O’Donnell. She’s a moron. She deserves it. I regret nothing I’ve written and I retract nothing I’ve stated.

But on her spat with Elisabeth Hasselbeck, O’Donnell does make one salient point:
“Here’s how it gets spun in the media: Rosie – big, fat, lesbian, loud Rosie – attacks innocent, pure, Christian Elisabeth. I’m not doing it!”
Setting aside that what she really means is “the conservative media”, which is a great deal less than 50% of all media, O’Donnell does have a point. The fact that she’s fat, lesbian, and loud is not something we ought to be ridiculing. She has a right to be all of those things, and those of you who are conservative demean yourselves when you ridicule her over that.

Ridicule her because she’s a moron who believes the fantasy stories that the truthers spew. Ridicule her because she fears George Bush more than people who would stone her to death if they got half a chance. Ridicule her because she’s intellectually dishonest and a pompous hypocrite with chronic diarrhea of the mouth. Those are all good reasons that she can control and change.

But leave the other stuff out of it. You’re all better than that.