Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Did I make a difference?

I see that ESPN.com shuffled their Page 2 contributors' photos this week, moving everybody into alphabetical order except Alipour, Keri, and Lukas. Noting, of course, that Simmons is still riding at the head of the class. Also, Easterbrook's photo looks like something out of a 1950's yearbook, and is conspicuously black and white instead of color.

I would like to take full credit for this change, which means that I had an impact on the 2000-pound gorilla of the sportsworld from my anonymous blog. Army of Davids, indeed! Reality is probably far different, and I would ask that any who know the true story not spoil my fantasy.

Fortunately, the DJ Gallo "Sprockets" photo is untouched, which brings me joy. I love that photo.

I'm a little concerned that Pearlman has vanished, but searching didn't turn up any buzz on him one way or the other. I'm guessing he didn't get the axe, since the typical ESPN style is to act like Horemheb and erase all mention of fired employees from the website, like they did with Easterbrook (during his two-year "separation" from the website) and Whitlock (whose columns are there but hard to find). Pearlman's archive is still there, so I'm hoping he's okay. Yes, I know I was hard on the guy, but what do my opinions count for? I'm an anonymous dweeb running a low-wattage blog. And unlike some, I don't want people to lose their jobs. Especially because of my big mouth!