Friday, May 18, 2007

Althouse on Sexy

I hadn't read Althouse in a while, which is a bad habit, because she's much more intelligent than I am and is always interesting. Well, except for the car stuff; I just breeze by that. I'm not into cars.

Anyways, today I read her post about the rise of clavicles as "sexy." I have to admit, I had no idea what clavicles were, so the post was enlightening. I thought your clavicle was in your mouth. Althouse is anti-clavicle, seeing them as a sign of emaciation and not at all sexy. I tend to agree.

But for some reason, this post nearby struck me as humorous, with a picture showing that when she dresses to go out, Ms. Althouse chooses to emphasize the, uh, not-clavicular region of her torso. So she's consistent in both word and deed. Good for her!

Okay, I'm going to shut up now before I get into trouble. I have a raft of comments that are disrespectful, lecherous, or both, and I don't want to go there.