Monday, April 30, 2007

Fascinating Business Possibility

I just received this e-mail, which I print below in its entirety for full comedic effect:
My Dear,
It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I and my Son Collins,intend to establish in your country. Though I have not meet with you before but I believe,one has to risk confidence in other to succeed sometimes in life.

There is this huge amount of Five million U.S dollars($6,000,000.00) which my late Husband kept for us in a Bank in Abidjan before he was assasinated by unknown persons. Now I and my son have decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside Africa for Bank and political reasons.We want you to help us claim and retrieve these fund from the Fiduciary Fund Holders and transfer it into your personal account in your country for investment purposes on these areas:1). Telecommunication2). the transport industry3). Five star hotel

If you can be of an assistance to us we will be pleased to offer to you 20% Of the total fund. I await your soonest response

Respectfully yours,
Mrs. Sonia Kone.

There's just so much wrong there I don't even know where to begin. First of all, you'd think that she could get the numbers consistently correct. Is it five or six million? Second of all, the grammar and syntax is absolutely terrible. At least spam me with some grammar check, for Pete's sake!

Third of all, appended to the bottom of this poor "African" woman's e-mail is this:
Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis!
RegĂ­strate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/

Which country was it in Africa that spoke Spanish again? Cote D'Ivoire, where Abidjan is?

It's not so much that I mind the spam at my anonymous e-mail account that I keep just for this blog. It's that the spam is of such low quality.