Monday, September 17, 2007

My big break?

I'm torn. For the very first time, I've been invited to write stuff somewhere other than my blog. But I'm reticent to just leap into this. No, it's not that I'm hesitant over the salary involved; it doesn't pay anything. I'm torn because I'm not sure whether or not it's the right thing for the blog.

On the one hand, I'd get more exposure. Always good. Well, always good as long as my pants are on.

On the other hand, I'd be putting my work into somebody else's baby. Potential problem. What if I mistakenly posted the next "Life Cycle of Junk Science" there? That thing was worth like 600 hits to me, or about 20%. Do I really want to put that somewhere else?

Anybody out there got any ideas? Suggestions?

(Side note: if you happen to be the nice man who asked me, let this be a notice that I'm thinking about it. I'll get back to you ASAP. It would probably help if you proved that you didn't just send me a form letter by sending me a pre-rejection letter at this point.)